August 4, 2011

Liebster Award

Last week Jenna, over at Literally YA, chose five blogs to award with the Liebster Blog Award. For those of you, like me, have absolutely no idea what that means, here is the point of the Liebster:

"The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have fun!"

Anyhow, I am very honored that one of Jenna's picks was Scribbles, and in keeping with the rules, I am going to pick out five of my own favorite, under-appreciated blogs to award. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

  1. The Penslayer - Jenny, the author of The Shadow Things, scribbles about writing, about reading, and about her faith, and her posts are wonderfully airy and lighthearted. Even the ones about how to write fight scenes. Two bonuses are that she always finds lovely pictures for her blog posts and that she has great tongue-in-cheek, geeky humor. What's not to love?
  2. Whisperings of the Pen - (No, Katie, I'm not just giving you this because you love my book.) This little nook-of-a-blog has the feel of a quiet corner of a library beside an open window, filled with stacks of books and a musty ink smell and washes of sunlight. I love the cheerfulness of Katie's writing, not to mention that the subjects are always a delight to the literary.
  3. Insanity Comes Naturally - If you want to die laughing, this is the spot for you. If you want to think on deep and weighty subjects, this is also the spot for you. You may protest that those things can't possibly go together, but I merely reply that that just goes to show that you haven't seen this blog - or met its authoress.
  4. The Lamb and the Lion - This blog is darling. The topics range from writing to faith to Hornblower to BBC Merlin, but still the best adjective to describe it is "darling." Just scoot over and see if you don't agree.
  5. The Poetry of Lost Things - This dreamy blog is almost entirely writing-focused, full of story-snippets (this gal can really write), character introductions, and book-love. Because no blog is complete without some book love.
There is at least one other that battled for a place in the list, but I think I'll leave that one to Jenny for her to award. If you want to take a peek at a new blog, I suggest a stroll around the block to one of these lovely places for tea and a bit of reading.

Note: The giveaway is still going on, so if you haven't joined yet, don't miss the opportunity!

9 comments:

  1. Aw, huzzah and thank you! I am ridiculously flattered. To tone down the flatteredness, I must say that I highly agree with and endorse the choices of the other four awarded blogs.

    Here is to penslayers all. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, I'm off to see your friends and their blogs!

    I really like your blog here too BTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...what d'ya know? I'm already following all those blogs. Congrats Wulfie, and congrats to all her nominees!

    Love Ajjie >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly - Thank you! I hope you enjoy them as well.

    Ajnos - Thanks! It was a nice little surprise. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog, Abigail!

    We both share a love of writing so I'm sure I'll enjoy reading your blog. :)

    In Christ,
    Moriah

    www.uniquelyfashionedforhisglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks, Wulf. You're sweet. ^.^

    I very much agree with all the blogs you chose--and it was fun to read your descriptions of them, too. You captured their essences beautifully.

    *cheerfully bumps Jenny's glass*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moriah - I'm so glad you enjoy reading the posts, and I hope you find my writing rambles helpful. Thanks for commenting!

    Megan - Your blog deserves it. And I had fun writing up the descriptions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abigail, thank you. ^.^ I smiled like crazy when I saw this. Your kind description of my little blog quite blew me away, and I am very honored and flattered to be in your "Top Five".

    Thank you. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Abigail, this is so sweet of you! Really.

    I am not quite sure what to reply. You would believe one wouldn't say so much weird when you actually got a keybord to type with, but no, I don't have words. (And if I did, I'm sure they wouldn't make any sense.) It's too kind of you, dear. Thank you for the kind description. It made me smile. ^.^ (And I've walked around with a grave face the whole day - That says something.)

    And I agree with you when it comes to the other blogs. All of them are wonderful in their way, and I admire how you described them. Beautifully done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

 
meet the authoress
I am a writer of historical fiction and fantasy, scribbling from my home in the United States. More importantly, I am a Christian, which flavors everything I write. My debut novel, "The Soldier's Cross," was published by Ambassador Intl. in 2010.
find me elsewhere
take my button

Followers

Follow by Email

published writings






The Soldier's Cross: Set in the early 15th Century, this is the story of an English girl's journey to find her brother's cross pendant, lost at the Battle of Agincourt, and of her search for peace in the chaotic world of the Middle Ages.
finished writings






Tempus Regina:Hurled back in time and caught in the worlds of ages past, a Victorian woman finds herself called out with the title of the time queen. The death of one legend and the birth of another rest on her shoulders - but far weightier than both is her duty to the brother she left alone in her own era. Querying.
currently writing



Wordcrafter: "One man in a thousand, Solomon says / will stick more close than a brother. / And it's worthwhile seeking him half your days / if you find him before the other." Justin King unwittingly plunges into one such friendship the day he lets a stranger come in from the cold. Wordcount: 124,000 words

Bookmarks In...

Search This Blog